Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Light Of Forgiveness

Jesus...

Please place the light of forgiveness so brightly within me...
Let it become a part of the masterpiece you create
I want you to take pride when within my heart you soon see
All that you have hoped for that you so want to embrace.

Forgiveness is not so easy for the human heart so bland...
When someone hurts you it is very hard to let it go
But then you come in to guide with the peace of your great hand
And a brighter light of forgiveness once again does show.

But then you remind of the greatest one of them all...
Learning to forgive and to greatly love yourself so true
This can be difficult and requires the hearts true call
And you hear the distress and are always there each day through.

You remind me I'm not perfect but you are my best friend...
I need to lay it all down at the cross and leave it go
You forgive me and I should forgive and let my heart mend
And watch more of that beautiful bright light begin to show.

So my Jesus I take your hand and am ready to seek you...
My heart is learning forgiveness and is brighter now still
Help me to be a shadow of your perfect love so true
Let me be your brilliant vessel according to your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lord, I Need You

My Beloved Savior... When I feel like giving up and can't take another step to greet a brand new day... My heart ♥ is filled with sadnes...