Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Thankgiving Question

A question was asked of one man so plainly and direct...
Please tell me sir, what in this world are you most thankful for?
He thought, and wanted his answer to be the very best
Well, I have everything I could ever want and much more.

But then, a man who had nothing stepped up to answer too...
The first man smirked at the thought of what his answer would be
He smiled, and called himself a blessed man his whole lifetime through
Because of God's goodness, his friends and loving family.

The first man bowed his head in shame at his answer so true..
He asked the other man why he is so happy each day
He answered, Because Jesus is my hope in all I do
No matter what or where, he will always make a great way.

Tears began to fall as he fell down to his knees and cried..
The good man put his arm around him and began to pray
He knew that God's love and grace by them would abide
And a brand new heart and life for Jesus was born that day.

The first man looked at things differently with blessed happiness...
He was thankful for what came from Jesus heart with much love
He learned that the simple things in life are the true success
And makes sure to display a grateful heart to God above.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lord, I Need You

My Beloved Savior... When I feel like giving up and can't take another step to greet a brand new day... My heart ♥ is filled with sadnes...